Trying something new can be super exciting, especially when you’ve practiced and prepared. But can accomplishing your goals be exciting and scary at the same time? Jabari faces his fears as this Friday’s Read Aloud with Rae invites your young detective to explore Gaia Cromwell’s Jabari Jumps.
The reading starts at 2pm EST/ 11am PST on Friday 5/1 and runs approximately 25 minutes.
RSVP online to save your kiddos spot. Space is limited. Be sure to try logging on a few minutes early. It is hard to admit friends once the session has started.
All reading sessions are free. Donations are welcome as they help with Book Club cost (books, staff, marketing, tech software).
Does your child enjoy reading? Add this book to your home library.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
Preparing for our Read Aloud:
– Play pirates! Anyone can be a pirate and there are a ton of dress up options.
– Print out the free coloring sheet and let your book detective do some coloring before the reading session. Kids will have a chance to show their pictures at the beginning of class.
– Print out the free crossword puzzle. 3rd and 4th graders will get a kick out trying to find the words from today’s story.
Let’s Play Pretend
After the Reading Session:
– Keep the conversation going! Invite your child to imagine you are both on an adventure.
– Invite your stuffed animals to join you for a healthy snack.
– Draw your family tree. Challenge your child to remember as many families members or friends that they can and draw a tree around all the names.
– Play dress up. Pretend to be the hero in your own story.