Families come in different shapes and sizes. Even our friends can be our family. This Friday’s Read Aloud with Rae invites your young detective to explore Meagan Dowd Lambert’s Real Sisters Pretend.
The reading starts at 2pm on Friday 4/17 and runs approximately 25 minutes.
RSVP online to save your kiddos spot. Space is limited. Be sure to try logging on a few minutes early. It is hard to admit friends once the session has started.
All reading sessions are free, but tips are always appreciated.Tips may be sent via Venmo.
Does your child enjoy sharing? Add this book to your home library.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
Preparing for our Read Aloud:
– Dress the part. Find a fun “rain hat”, a t-shirt with an umbrella on it, or pop on some rain boots. Looking for an excuse to use that secret stash of lighting bolt tattoos? You’re in luck.
– Print out the free coloring sheet and let your book detective do some coloring before the reading session. Kids will have a chance to show their pictures at the beginning of class.
Let’s Play Pretend
After the Reading Session:
– Keep the conversation going! Invite your child to imagine you are both on an adventure.
– Invite your stuffed animals to join you for a healthy snack.
– Draw your family tree. Challenge your child to remember as many families members or friends that they can and draw a tree around all the names.
– Play dress up. Pretend to be the hero in your own story.