It’s wonderful to know what you want, but what do you do when doing what you want makes others unhappy? Can you get what you want while getting along with others? This Friday’s Read Aloud with Rae invites your young detective to explore Rowboat Watkin’s Thunder Boy.
The reading starts at 2pm on Friday 4/7 and runs approximately 20 minutes.
RSVP online to save your kiddos spot. Space is limited. Be sure to try logging on a few minutes early. It is hard to admit friends once the session has started.
All reading sessions are free, but tips are always appreciated.Tips may be sent via Venmo.
Does your child enjoy sharing? Add this book to your home library.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
Preparing for our Read Aloud:
– Dress the part. Find a fun “rain hat”, a t-shirt with an umbrella on it, or pop on some rain boots. Looking for an excuse to use that secret stash of lighting bolt tattoos? You’re in luck.
– Print out the free coloring sheet and let your book detective do some coloring before the reading session. Kids will have a chance to show their pictures at the beginning of class.
Remember your P’s and Q’s
After the Reading Session:
– Keep the conversation going! Use daily activities to encourage your child to say please and thank you. “Thank you for giving me a hug!”
– Hold an imaginary tea party for your child’s favorite stuffed animals. See if the stuffed animals are polite at tea time.
– Make your own fancy hat! If you can put it on your head, it can be a hat. grab an empty box, an empty toilet paper roll, crayons, glue, anything thing you want and make your own hats.
– Play dress up. Pretend to be a Cyclops and try on different hats.