Online Coding Classes For Kids
Does your kid love games more than learning? Visual Programming classes teaching Python (used by Google, Facebook and other tech giants) and Scratch by MIT Lab offer a great way to get your kid excited about using their skills to create their own games.
Small Class For A Big Experience:
- Learn the fundamentals of programming
- Fast Learning & High Quality Teachers
- Small class size
- Experienced instructors get to know each student
- Affordable classes using Scratch from MIT Lab
- Peer Socialization and Collaboration Opportunities
- Kids create their own game & play them
Drop-In Class: $25
Non refundable. 24 hour reschedule policy.
18-Week Semester Enrollment: $295
Non refundable. 24 hour reschedule policy. Access to exclusive studio events.
Creative Block Coding in Scratch
Get creative with coding!
In this coding class, students will use Scratch to create their very own games. Students will make a new game each week.
CodeMonkey: An Introduction to Python
In this coding class students will be introduced to Python by coding in text. The award winning Code Monkey software will leave your young coder excited about growing their coding skills.
No experience required.
Build a Website! Learn HTML with Weebly
In this coding class, students will use Weebly to blog about their favorite travel stories. Students will learn how to use Weebly WYSIWYG features as well as how to apply HTML to weebly to create their own customized websites.
This S.T.E.M. class offers a great way to get kids excited about computer science. Our small class size enables students to make new friends around the world while learning computer language that is used globally.
Block Coding with Code.org
Get creative with coding!
- Students must use a device that includes either a camera or a microphone (smartphone, tablet, laptop, computer).
- All Classes are recorded (used for quality assurance, teacher training, safety evaluation). Please email us at least 2 hours prior to your class start time if you need further assistance.
- All teachers must confirm a child is in the class. Your child will be asked to turn on their mic or camera at the start of class. Students who wish to keep their camera off during class must still complete the check-in at the beginning.
- If a teacher can not verify that a child is in the class, the student will be removed and our administrative team will reach out to assist you.
- Students in classes for ages 7-12 should be able to engage with peers without parent assistance. Parents should not be on camera during the class. If your child has learning needs that require your presence please email us prior to registering for class.
Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT EQUIPMENT DO I NEED?
Classes are taught through Zoom. You do not need to download the Zoom app to attend. You may use a computer, table, laptop, or smartphone. If you prefer to simply call in, know that the instructor cannot see you.
DO I HAVE TO SHARE MY CAMERA?
Sharing your camera is necessary for all movement classes and most group classes. All students must do a verbal/ visual check in at the start of class. If your kiddo is shy or your family has other reasons for not wishing to share your camera please carefully review our studio policies prior to registration.
If your child is concerned about other students “seeing” them contact us to discuss.
DO YOU OFFER REFUNDS?
We understand that restrictions on movement has impacted many families differently. Our class sizes are small to allow for improved student teacher and peer to peer communication. By booking a class or appointment, we are turning away other interested parties.
We are unable to provide refunds, but will work with you to renegotiate services provided should a significant change in financial ability or physical health impact your child’s ability to continue with programming.
CAN WE RESCHEDULE OUR CLASS?
Understandably your availability may change. If you need to reschedule please provide as much notice as possible. If it is at least 24 hours before you class is scheduled to start you will be able to reschedule using the parent portal. For less than 24 hours email email@example.com
WHAT IF THE CLASS ISN’T WHAT I EXPECTED?
We work hard to provide clear class descriptions. If you are registered for the same class more than once and your child does not enjoy the class contact us. We will transfer your child to a class that is more suitable. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
DO I HAVE TO PAY PER CHILD?
Yes because class size is small we do ask that you pay per child. If you have more than 2 children participating, email us for a discount.
DO YOU OFFER PRIVATE LESSONS ?
WHAT IF WE NEED TO CANCEL?
Reschedule request may be made no less than 24 hour before the scheduled start time. For a class credit.
If you are experiencing a health emergency that prohibits providing advanced notice, please contact us to discuss.
If you wish to cancel a class, you must provide at least 24 hours notice to receive a class credit to your account. We do not issue refunds. Be sure to check your time zone.
MY COMPUTER CRASHED! WHAT DO I DO?
Tech Issues- Your internet may crash or the dreaded Microsoft Updates may take over. We get it, just email us at email@example.com to have a class credit applied to your account. Your class credit must be used within 30 days of the original class date.
WE HAVE SHARED CUSTODY. CAN WE STILL JOIN?
We are happy to help your family select a class package that works with your needs. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT IF THE CLASS IS TOO EASY/HARD FOR MY CHILD?
Not sure about your child’s Chess level? We make leveling up easy, by allowing your child to transfer into another class level (please note we cannot guarantee your child will have the same class time if they need to switch levels).
Our instructors will assess your child’s skill level in the first class and communicate with you if they believe your child would benefit from a different class level.