Choreography by Rae Studio Policies and F.A.Q.
- Students must use a device that includes a camera and a microphone (smartphone, tablet, laptop, computer).
- All Classes are recorded (used for quality assurance, teacher training, safety evaluation).
- All teachers must confirm a child is in the class. Your child will be asked to turn on their mic or camera at the start of class.
- If a teacher can not verify that a child is in the class, the student will be removed and our administrative team will reach out to assist you.
- Students in classes for ages 7-12 should be able to engage with peers without parent assistance. Parents should not be on camera during the class. If your child has learning needs that require your presence please email us prior to registering for class.
- If your child is shy or uncomfortable with being on camera please notify us prior to class so we can discuss the best way to accomodate your child. We understand for some teens being on camera can leave them feeling vulnerable. We also understand that some of our older students may choose to play video games or surf YouTube when their camera is off.
Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT EQUIPMENT DO I NEED?
Classes are taught through Zoom. You do not need to download the Zoom app to attend. You may use a computer, table, laptop, or smartphone. If you prefer to simply call in, know that the instructor cannot see you.
DO I HAVE TO SHARE MY CAMERA?
Sharing your camera is necessary for all movement classes and most group classes. All students must do a verbal/ visual check in at the start of class. If your kiddo is shy or your family has other reasons for not wishing to share your camera please carefully review our studio policies prior to registration.
If your child is concerned about other students “seeing” them contact us to discuss.
DO YOU OFFER REFUNDS?
We understand that restrictions on movement has impacted many families differently. Our class sizes are small to allow for improved student teacher and peer to peer communication. By booking a class or appointment, we are turning away other interested parties.
We are unable to provide refunds, but will work with you to renegotiate services provided should a significant change in financial ability or physical health impact your child’s ability to continue with programming.
CAN WE RESCHEDULE OUR CLASS?
Understandably your availability may change. If you need to reschedule please provide as much notice as possible. If it is at least 24 hours before you class is scheduled to start you will be able to reschedule using the parent portal. For less than 24 hours email email@example.com
WHAT IF THE CLASS ISN’T WHAT I EXPECTED?
We work hard to provide clear class descriptions. If you are registered for the same class more than once and your child does not enjoy the class contact us. We will transfer your child to a class that is more suitable. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
DO I HAVE TO PAY PER CHILD?
Yes because class size is small we do ask that you pay per child. If you have more than 2 children participating, email us for a discount.
DO YOU OFFER PRIVATE LESSONS ?
WHAT IF WE NEED TO CANCEL?
Reschedule request may be made no less than 24 hour before the scheduled start time. For a class credit.
If you are experiencing a health emergency that prohibits providing advanced notice, please contact us to discuss.
If you wish to cancel a class, you must provide at least 24 hours notice to receive a class credit to your account. We do not issue refunds. Be sure to check your time zone.
MY COMPUTER CRASHED! WHAT DO I DO?
Tech Issues- Your internet may crash or the dreaded Microsoft Updates may take over. We get it, just email us at email@example.com to have a class credit applied to your account. Your class credit must be used within 30 days of the original class date.
WE HAVE SHARED CUSTODY. CAN WE STILL JOIN?
We are happy to help your family select a class package that works with your needs. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org